Acting as business owner, managing one or two centers including sales, operation, academy sections and cost control develop the business in the right direction.
Main Responsibilities/ Key Accountabilities:
- P & L Responsibility:
- Leading the PC sales team to achieve monthly approved budget of the Center.
- Coordinating with Inside Sales Team to best train and motivate the PC sales team, to make the PC sales team to be able to impress every single client coming or calling to the center, then to be able to win most of them on the spot.
- Managing daily sales results, enquiry sources and conversion ratio of the PC sales team
- Increasing number of students and consequently Sylvan’s market share to the neighboring area. Working with FTDP sales team to build up relationship with the neighboring schools, organize seasonal events with these schools to get leads from this source.
- Managing well cost of the center, including controlling well the teacher cost and grouping class, managing teachers/ student ratio according to the designated courses.
- Academic Management:
- Making sure that all academic plans in place.
- Making sure that the relationship, communicating channel between center and Academic department at HQ is maintained.
- Making sure that PC team and AC team communicate & work together well.
- Accompanying Academic Supervisor in observation (if possible) to make sure that teachers follow Sylvan method and syllabus.
Teachers & teaching:
- Accompanying Center Academic Head in observation (if possible) to make sure that teachers follow Sylvan method and syllabus.
- Making sure that daily teaching activities to Sylvan standards.
- Making sure that enough teaching resources at the center for teachers.
- Making sure that the teachers are listened to and helped to solve their problems.
- Making sure that teachers’ regulation is followed.
Students & learning:
- Making sure that learning conditions are at standard, in safety and friendly.
- Making sure that students are assessed and placed to the right ability level.
- Making sure that all students’ learning history is recorded properly.
- Making sure that students’ regulation is followed.
- Operations & People Management:
- Managing the Center and ensuring daily smooth operations and delivery to students.
- Being responsible for overall look and feel of the Center, ensuring that it is consistently warm, welcoming, tidy and clean.
- Executive problem-solving skills and the ability to organize and manage workloads are required.
- Ensuring the implementation of effective meeting and information sharing structures.
- Motivating and coaching Center staff to provide excellent results and service.
- Ensuring that the Sylvan methodologies and best practices are always followed to achieve consistency with other Sylvan centers.
- Creating and providing reports timely and accurately that track and monitor all Center KPIs.
- Other tasks as requested by BOD.
- Cooperating to Human Resources to ensure that all people development strategies to support retention and excellent results are put in place.
- Motivating a team of people from diverse backgrounds and skills levels.
- Excellent interpersonal style – with cultural sensitivity to deal with diverse nationalities.
Qualification and Experience Requirement/ Specifications:
- BA is required, IELTS 5.0 or TOEIC 750 is preferable.
- 3+ years in Sales experience with at least 4 years in a managerial role.
- Able to manage and work effectively with various departments.
- Results-oriented and initiative-taking.
- Used to working with targets and benchmarking success.
- Strong people management skills, Inclusive, can-do attitude.
- Fluent English and local language.
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High integrity.